Renowned for engaging faculty, visionary leadership, and devoted support staff, Saint Francis de Sales School is respected for its academics, co-curricular programs, and commitment to the high ideals of a Catholic education. It is an education that inspires students to Learn, Believe, and Soar.
Saint Francis de Sales, a parish Catholic School, is found in prayer and openness to the Spirit of Jesus. It is the school’s mission to enhance the Roman Catholic faith life of each child in all phases of education and to develop gifts to glorify God and serve others. Each child will learn, believe, and soar to their individual potential.
- In proclaiming the Gospel message and infusing it in all subject areas.
- In collaborating with parents in educating their children in the Catholic faith.
- All students have a right to a safe, loving, Christ-centered environment.
- By implementing the Diocesan curriculum, which aligns with the Ohio Academic Standards, all students have the opportunity to learn to their highest potential.
- In being of service to the community, fostering peace and social justice, as well as preparing the children for their vocation in a global society.
St. Francis de Sales School is fully accredited by the Ohio Catholic School Accreditation Association (OCSAA) and fully licensed by the Ohio Department of Education.
St. Francis de Sales opened its doors to the children of the Portage Lakes Area in September of 1950. The school has grown from 4 classrooms with 174 students to its present 18 classrooms. St. Francis de Sales School serves the surrounding communities of Coventry, Green, and Manchester.