Acceptable Use Policy
This is form number 3. The students need to be present to fill out this form. Please read thoroughly together before signing. Thank you!
SFdS Student Device Acceptable Use Policy 8/28/2020
The Google Chromebook and any accessories that have been issued to the students are property of St. Francis de Sales Parish School. The Chromebook is on loan to the student and must be used in accordance with the following policies and procedures as well as those outlined in the Technology Acceptable Use Policy for Students:
- Parents/guardians may be given the child’s login name and password so that they can supervise the student’s use of the computer.
- Parents/guardians and students should be aware that access to the Internet outside of the school is often unfiltered. Though information is unfiltered, all activity on the Chromebook is monitored through Go Guardian software. School Chromebooks should not be used after 10:00pm during the school week.
- Student Chromebooks may not be used outside of school for music streaming or game playing. Only websites and links for academic use should be accessed.
- The School has the right to randomly inspect any Chromebook, application, or peripheral device. This random inspection could be done on site or remotely. This includes but is not limited to browser history, email, media that has been accessed, downloaded or created documents, pictures and all files. The School has the right to review these items for appropriateness and to limit or revoke a student’s access to them. If it becomes necessary for a school technology official to remotely access the device, the official will attempt to include two additional school administrators prior to remotely accessing his/ her device. The technology official will notify the parents/ guardian of the student after a remote access connection has taken place.
- Each Chromebook is assigned to an individual student. Students should never “swap” or “share” their Chromebook with another student, friend, or sibling.
- Students must have their Chromebooks with them at school. Students should bring the Chromebook to school fully charged. If students do not have their Chromebooks charged they will not be permitted to do so at school and will receive a zero for work missed during the day. The fees that students pay each year do not cover the cost to replace a lost or broken charger or Chromebook.
- Use of the Chromebook for anything other than teacher directed or approved activities are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to internet or computer games and other entertainment activities, non-school issued email, instant messaging, chat, and other use of internet not related to school-related research.
- Pornographic, obscene, or vulgar images, sounds, music, language, or materials, including screensavers, backgrounds, and or pictures are prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to download or install any software or other materials. School technology staff will perform all approved software installations.
- Students may not use their school issued device to check personal emails or create accounts. Students must stay logged in to their St. Francis de Sales Parish School account while using the school issued device.
- Chromebooks are not to be used to take pictures or videos without consent of all persons being photographed. Taking photos or videos at school should only be done for instructional purposes as directed by the teacher.
- Students will not use the Chromebook for illegal purposes. Students will not deliberately use the Chromebook to personally attack, annoy, harass, or bully others. Any such activities will be reported to the appropriate school personnel as well as local, state, or federal authorities.
- Appropriate and responsible use is expected of all users. Violation of any policies or procedures will be subject to the appropriate disciplinary action.
- All disciplinary actions will be reviewed and enforced on a case by case basis.