December 4, 2018
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
December is always a very busy month for most and it can be very easy to get wrapped
up in the stress of the holidays. This month I would like us all, myself included, to focus
on positive affirmations.
Affirmations are words we say to ourselves to affirm our self-worth. What we tell
ourselves reinforces our self-esteem and can be either positive or negative. It’s
important to help our students build a positive mindset. Our mindset becomes our
belief systems about ourselves and if we work at telling ourselves positive affirmations,
we are helping ourselves to become more confident when others may try to tear us
Sometimes we need to preprogram our mindset. Using affirmations helps to do that. If
we keep telling ourselves something, we will believe it to be true. Affirmations should be
positive, should stay in the present tense, and should take a positive thought and make
it positive. Try to stay away from words like “will” or “am going to”. This signifies things
in the future and doesn’t focus on where one is now. Keeping affirmations in the
present also helps keeps individuals motivated towards their goals.
I will be working on this throughout the month in individual and small group counseling,
as well as classroom guidance lessons. See if you can find creative ways to use these
throughout your day with your child and others around you.
Here is a list of 100 affirmations I use with my students.
1. I am strong.
2. I am capable of doing hard things.
3. I am brave.
4. I am happy.
5. I have a positive mindset.
6. I am beautiful.
7. I am confident.
8. I am capable of facing my fears.
9. I am loved by my friends and family.
10. I am healthy.
11. I am excited for today.
12. I am kind to others..
13. I have done my best today.
14. I am choosing joy today.
15. I will make it happen.
16. I will make good choices for myself.
17. I am a wonderful person.
18. I have a happy heart.
19. I am capable of anything.
20. I am grateful.
21. I am caring to others.
22. I am a great friend.
23. I am creative.
24. I can set goals and follow them through.
25. I am unique.
26. I can keep my chin up when things are hard.
27. I am intelligent.
28. I have flaws and they are OK.
29. I am at peace with myself.
30. I am accepting of others.
31. I am successful.
32. I am unique.
33. I embrace change.
34. I am thankful.
35. I believe in my abilities.
36. I am proud of myself.
37. I am a leader.
38. I forgive others for their mistakes.
39. I am awesome.
40. I have the courage to be myself.
41. I am worthy of love.
42. I enjoy life.
43. I am thoughtful.
44. I am optimistic.
45. I see the good in myself.
46. I respect myself.
47. I am going after my dreams.
48. I learn from my mistakes.
49. I have the ability to overcome challenges.
50. I am centered and grounded.
51. I can face adversity.
52. I can honor my own life path.
53. I define my own success.
54. I love myself.
55. I deserve love.
56. I have a warm heart.
57. I am enough.
58. I deserve greatness.
59. I can seize life’s opportunities.
60. I am fearless.
61. I know my power.
62. I am a warrior.
63. I can do this.
64. I am deserving of my dreams.
65. I am blessed.
66. I am courageous.
67. I am secure.
68. I am keeping my body healthy.
69. I am inspiring others.
70. I choose what I become.
71. I believe today will be a good day.
72. I am surrounding myself with love.
73. I have all I need.
74. I am grateful for life.
75. I am okay.
76. I am focusing on my dreams..
77. I am valuable.
78. I am loveable.
79. I am honest.
80. I am a rainbow in someone’s day.
81. I am riding out the storm.
82. I have opportunities in life.
83. I am in control.
84. I can make a difference.
85. My thoughts are remaining positive.
86. I am hopeful.
87. I control my attitude.
88. I control my own destiny.
89. I make the world a better place.
90. I can work through my struggles.
91. I am sincere.
92. I am wise.
93. I am motivated.
94. I can remain focused.
95. I am tough enough to handle challenges.
96. My determination is great.
97. I make my own choices.
98. I have good values.
99. I am mindful.
100. I bring my own sunshine.