Thank you for volunteering to be the Room Coordinator for your child’s homeroom. You will be in charge of coordinating all class parties, silent auction baskets, field trips, and will be the “go to person” for your teacher.
Classroom parties dates/times:
October 30th 1:45 – 2:30 (parade 1:15)
Parent volunteers need to arrive a little early to help students with their costumes. Need to provide treats, drinks, cups, napkins, crafts and/or games.
December 18th – 1:45 – 2:30
K-4: Need to provide treats, drinks, cups, napkins, crafts and/or games.
5-8: Students go roller skating at Springfield Roller Rink – no chaperones will be needed and no outside drinks/snacks allowed.
February 11th 1:45 – 2:30
Need to provide treats, drinks, cups, napkins, crafts and/or games.
For the classroom parties:
· Send a sign up sheet/letter approximately 2-3 weeks prior to each party asking parents to be in charge or help work the classroom party.
· Parties are limited to 3 parents so make sure to only assign 3 parents for each party.
· Please try to have different parents working the parties throughout the year to give everyone a chance to get into their child’s classroom.
· Remind the in charge party parents to clear all party ideas with the teachers.
· Discuss basket ideas with teacher.
· Send letter to parents describing basket idea and how they can help.
· For example: donate money, have kids bring in items, have kids wear specific clothes for pictures/videos
· Turn in basket one week prior to silent auction date.
We are working on a parent resource page with the above information, party craft/game ideas and silent auction basket ideas.
Thank you again and as always, please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Room Parent Coordinator