Happy Friday, Falcon Families!
It feels so good to be embarking on another school year in just a few days. Our staff is eager to greet our wonderful Falcons on Monday and welcome them back!
Below you will find a link, as well as pictures, to our Car Rider line directions. Please share these with anyone who will be dropping off or picking up your child(ren). New car rider signs will be sent home with your child in next Thursday's folder. In the meantime, if you are a new family or a PS/PK/K family please just let the car rider line volunteer know your child's last name.
There has been an update made to our Sick Policy:
- We will return to a 24 hour symptom free policy. If your child is feeling better without the use of fever-reducing medicines they may return to school after being symptom free for 24 hours.
- We will continue to follow our same policies from last year regarding COVID positive cases. Students will quarantine for 5 days from the date of a positive test and then wear a mask for 5 days following that as they return to school.
If you have questions regarding these policies please reach out to our school nurse, Mrs. Zushin.
Before and After Care will begin on the first day of school. Please click here to view the registration information. If you have any questions regarding Before or After Care please direct them to Mrs. Roumfort.
If your child signed up for the Kung Fu class it will begin on Thursday, September 8. Mr. Boyer, who is leading the class, will be reaching out to all families who registered. If you are still interested in registering you can click here or email Mr. Boyer personally. If your child will be attending the Kung Fu class and then returning to aftercare please indicate this in the REMIND App the day of the class.
Here are some notes for the first day of school:
- There will be a photo opportunity located in the lawn near our front entrance. Families who are utilizing the photo props are encouraged to take extra care in the parking lot as busses are pulling in. All families in grades K-8 are welcome to walk their child(ren) to the front door on the 1st day of school. After this, we ask that you use the Kindergarten hallway door if you prefer to walk your child into school in order to reserve the Main Entrance for bus riders. . PS and PK families are welcome to walk their children in for the first week of school.
- If you plan to park and walk your child into school please exit out Diedrich Lane. As a reminder, the Manchester Road entrance is reserved for Busses only. All car riders should enter through Diedrich Lane and follow the traffic pattern.
- The students will be enjoying a visit from the Ice Cream truck on the first day of school- SHHH-it's a surprise! Everything from the ice cream truck is nut free and the sorbet option is dairy free. We will have a separate special treat for our Preschool students who will join us on Tuesday.
- There are a few classes that will be joining Mrs. Stanfield in the gym on the first day of school and should wear their PE uniform on the first day of school. These classes are KB, 1A, 3A, 5B and 7B.
Have a wonderful weekend!